You can use the bandwidth control to limit the amount of bandwidth used by backup traffic between specified times.
- The actual value will be around +/- 5% of the limit when the bandwidth control set to below 32Mb/s. When the bandwidth control set to above 64Mb/s, the gap between actual value and limit value might be over 5%.
- Network stability may affect bandwidth control effectiveness.
There are a few configurable parameters available and they are described in the following table. Bandwidth control is an optional setting.
|Mode||There are 2 modes, “Independent” and “Share”.
Note: Share mode does not support performing backup job on multiple destinations concurrently.
|Name||Name of the bandwidth control set.|
|Type||There are 2 types of bandwidth control, ‘Always’ and ‘Only within this period’.|
|From||Start time of enforced bandwidth control period.|
|To||End time of enforced bandwidth control period.|
|Maximum transfer rate||Maximum bandwidth used between the [From] and [To] period.|
To set up the bandwidth control:
- Slide the switch to right hand side to turn on the bandwidth control.
- Select the mode of bandwidth control, ‘Independent’ or ‘Share’.
- Click on the [Add] button to add a bandwidth control or click on the bandwidth control set to modify the setting.
- Provide a meaningful name for this bandwidth control if necessary.
- Select the type of bandwidth control, ‘Always’ or ‘Only within this period’.
- If ‘Only within this period’ is selected, select the ‘From’ and ‘To’ period of time.
- Select the ‘Maximum transfer rate’ from the drop down box.
- Click [Save] to save the setting.
To remove a bandwidth control:
- Select the bandwidth control set.
- On the bottom left, click the “Delete this bandwidth control”.