There are times when you need to retire your server, and CloudBacko needs to be re-installed to a new machine. It is also possible that the machine that have CloudBacko installed has failed, and you need to restore windows systems and files from a remote backup for disaster recovery. You need to first install a new copy of CloudBacko in the new machine. However, without the settings file from the original CloudBacko instance, remote cloud backup cannot be accessed.
If you need to re-install CloudBacko and restore CloudBacko to the original state, the key is to have a backup copy of the settings file. This article shows you how to import and export the settings file.
Export settings file
1. Go to [Utilities] > [Ex/Import Settings] > [Export Now] to export the latest CloudBacko settings.sys file.
2. Select destination to save settings.sys file.
Restore files from another machine or location
1. Install CloudBacko Pro/Lite on the new machine.
2. Startup CloudBacko Pro/Lite.
3. Go to [Utilities] > [Ex/Import Settings] > [Import Now] to import the latest CloudBacko settings.sys file.
4. Select file to import
5. If import is successful, a confirmation of “Successfully import all settings” appears.
6. After the settings.sys is successfully imported, your files located on remote FTP/SFTP/network drive or Cloud storage can be accessed from [Restore].