Backup Hyper-V in a secure and flexible way
Backup Hyper-V with CloudBacko? It provides a secure and reliable backups of VMs running on Hyper-V standalone or Hyper-V cluster hosts. A CloudBacko Hyper-V backup protects your VMs, applications, data, and files. CloudBacko makes sure your data is consistent with application-aware backups. With smart technology to skip backups of swap files and delete data blocks. It’s the best choice for protecting your Hyper-V servers. With scalability to meet growing needs and to keep your data safe at all times. CloudBacko's fast recovery options mean you can start a VM in minutes with our instant recovery option. Or find and recover individual files and folders with our granular restore.
Save storage space and backup time with data deduplication
You can save up to 90% on storage space and costs when you backup VMs using CloudBacko. How? Our data deduplication engine uses an advanced algorithm to find and remove duplicate data blocks. Only unique data blocks are uploaded to the backup destination or cloud storage. The engine also finds unique data blocks for future backups when the VM content changes. Less backup data also means faster backups and lower network usage.
Multiple destinations backup for maximum data protection
You can backup Hyper-V VMs to many places. These include local drives, network shares, FTP/SFTP servers, and public cloud storage. You can backup to each place one at a time or all at once. With multi-destination backup, you can follow the 3-2-1 backup rule for the best data protection. You can also recover data faster from local storage. This means less downtime for your system.
Ensuring secure backup
For backups to the cloud data security is very important. CloudBacko backups are protected using AES 256-bit truly randomized encryption that is impossible to be hacked even by brute force attack with supercomputer. CloudBacko also provides two-factors authentication (2FA) to protect access to the backup data.
Backup Hyper-V with CloudBacko
- Select all VMs or specific VMs to backup
- Select all or specific virtual disks of each VM to backup
- Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy service) which takes a snapshot of the guest VMs to ensure complete data consistency
- Application awareness on Windows guest VMs means all data in memory and pending transactions is automatically flushed to disk to guarantee application-level data consistency
- Windows RCT (Resilient Change Tracking) technology to detect data block level changes on a guest VM, which means only data blocks that have changed since the last backup job are included in the backup data
- Automatically excluding the swap file and deleted data blocks on the virtual disk(s) from the backup data
- Data deduplication to detect and remove duplicate data only backing up unique data.
Try it FREE!
Backup Hyper-V with CloudBacko recovery options
CloudBacko provides flexible guest VM recovery options when disaster strikes:
Standard recovery options:
- Restore guest VMs to the original location on the same Hyper-V host
- Restore guest VMs to an alternate storage location on the same Hyper-V host
- Restore guest VMs as a set of raw files for manual recovery on the same Hyper-V host or a different Hyper-V host
Advanced recovery options:
- Using granular restore, mount the virtual disk(s) of the guest VM directly from the backup file located on the backup destination. Then use CloudBacko UI or Window File Explorer to recover files/folders
- Using VM Run Direct, start up and run a virtual machine directly from the backup file located on the backup destination. Without the need to physically restore it to the Hyper-V host
- Using Live Migration can physically restore running guest VM back to the Hyper-V host
Try it FREE!