Backup VMware - Get instant data recovery
Want to backup VMware? CloudBacko can help. It protects VMs on VMware vCenter/ESXi, VMware Workstation, and VMware Fusion. A backup keeps your VMs, applications, data, and files safe. CloudBacko makes sure your data is consistent with application-aware backups. Other smart features to skip backups of swap files and deleted data. It’s the best choice for protecting your VMware servers. If something goes wrong, you can recover everything quickly. Startup a VM in minutes with our instant recovery option. Or find and recover individual files and folders with our granular restore. CloudBacko can grow with your needs and keep your data safe at all times.
Save up to 90% on storage space and costs when you backup VMs using CloudBacko. How? Our data deduplication engine will find and remove duplicate data blocks. Only unique data blocks are uploaded to the backup destination or cloud storage. The engine also finds unique data blocks for future backups when the VM content changes.
Enterprise grade data security
For backups to the cloud data security is very important. CloudBacko backups are protected using AES 256-bit truly randomized encryption that is impossible to be hacked even by brute force attack with a supercomputer. CloudBacko also provides two-factor authentication (2FA) to protect access to your backup data.
Multiple destinations backup for maximum data protection
You can backup VMware VMs to many places. These include local drives, network shares, FTP/SFTP servers, and public cloud storage. You can backup to each place one at a time or all at once. With multi-destination backup, you can follow the 3-2-1 backup rule for the best data protection. You can also recover data faster from local storage. This means less downtime for your system.
Simple, reliable, and flexible solution for VMware backup
To ensure data reliability, reduce the amount of backup data transferred, and ultimately improve backup performance, CloudBacko uses a range of different technologies. For example, you can
- Select all VMs or specific VMs to backup
- Select all or specific virtual disks of each VM to backup
- VMware takes a snapshot to capture the entire state of the guest VMs to ensure complete data consistency in preparation for a backup.
- CloudBacko also uses application awareness on Windows guest VMs, which means all data in memory and pending transactions are automatically flushed to disk to guarantee application-level data consistency.
- CloudBacko uses VMware CBT (Change Block Tracking) technology to detect data block-level changes on a guest VM, which means only data blocks that have changed since the last backup job are included in the backup data.
- CloudBacko also automatically excludes the swap file and deleted data blocks on the virtual disk(s) from the backup data
- Uses data deduplication to detect and remove duplicate data, only backing up unique data.
- CloudBacko uses data compression to further reduce the size of the backup data.
Standard VMware recovery
When disaster strikes, you have flexible guest VM recovery options with CloudBacko. You can
- restore guest VMs to the original location on the same VMware host,
- restore guest VMs to an alternate storage location on the same VMware host,
- restore guest VMs to a completely different VMware host, or restore guest VMs as a set of raw files for manual recovery on the same VMware host or a different VMware host.
Advanced VMware recovery
CloudBacko also offers advanced recovery options, including
- using granular restore to mount the virtual disk(s) of the guest VM directly from the backup file located on the backup destination using the CloudBacko UI or Window File Explorer to recover files/folders.
- using VM Run Direct to start up and run a virtual machine directly from the backup file located on the backup destination without the need to physically restore it to the VMware host.
- using Live Migration to physically restore running guest VM back to the VMware host.